Friday, October 10, 2008

Words From/Of Karl Lagerfeld (part2)

7. There is a moment when you have to accept that somebody else is younger and fresher and hotter. Life is not a beauty contest.

8. My people are zee cool ones, the rockers. I get along with everyone except for men my age, who are bourgeois or retired or boring, and cannot follow the evolution of time and mood.

9. In the whole world, there is nowhere I can go. Everybody has a camera, and it is flash-flash-flash, and I am a puppet, a marionette, Mickey at Disneyland for children to play with. In Japan, they touch me. I have Japanese women pinch my ass, so now I must say, 'You can have the photo, but please don't touch me.'
You cannot pinch the ass of a man my age!
And I cannot go out without something for my eyes, because someone might throw chemicals in my face, and I would be like my childhood French teacher whose wife burnt him with acid, Mr. Pommes-Frites, can you believe the name. I can cross the street nowhere in the world, I can never go into a shop. Oh, it's horrible, horrible... In fact, I do like it. It's very flattering, and very fun.

10. I hated the company of other children. I wanted to be a grownup person, to be taken seriously. I hated the idea of childhood; I thought it was a moment of endless stupidity.

11. Also I cannot go on airlines because people stare at me, you have to be touched by people. I hate that...I hate bespoke because I hate to be touched by strangers. It bores me to death.

12. No. No. No. No. No. They (sauces) are really the dangerous thing in life, I think. If there's something dangerous, sauces are dangerous for the body.

Text from: catwalkqueen (quotes of the day)
Photo: Black Book Media

No comments: