Friday, November 5, 2010

Post-Party-Weekend

With the weekend knocking on our door, it seems only natural to post about party-stuff. And I can't think of a better place to feature here then the infamous Studio 54!

Believe it or not, I am fascinated with the crazy parties that went on there! As far as history goes, Studio 54 was a notable disco in the 70s and early 80s. Few know that it originally was a New York City Broadway theater, then a CBS radio and television studio. But as soon as the 1970s came along, it became a busy discothèque (the place to be found: Manhattan). The club opened on April 26, 1977 and closed in March 1986. After the music went quite, the alcohol bottles thrown out...in 1998 it became a venue for the Roundabout Theatre Company. All the craziness that went down there, also had a huge influence on the fashion scene. This also because of the very popular crowd that used to party there. The VIP list is just incredible! I won't name anyone, except for a very popular character and party animal at Studio54: Andy Warhol! That's why, this is the way I'll end this post:
It's the place where my prediction from the sixties finally came true: "In the future everyone will be famous for fifteen minutes." I'm bored with that line. I never use it anymore. My new line is, "In fifteen minutes everybody will be famous."
Andy Warhol's Exposures (1979) commenting on the nightclub "Studio 54", and his world famous quote.
Now, go and party!!!

No comments: