Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Big Pink Elephant

Yes! Yes! Yes!
Please ignore the big pink elephant in the middle of the room! That's the way to go! It's big, it's pink! It's in the middle of the room!!! But you just go on ignoring it!So, what does this expression really mean?
It is an English idiom for an obvious truth that is being ignored or goes unaddressed. The idiomatic expression also applies to an obvious problem or risk no one wants to discuss.
It is based on the idea that an elephant in a room would be impossible to overlook; thus, people in the room who pretend the elephant is not there have chosen to concern themselves with tangential or small and irrelevant issues rather than deal with the looming big one.
Today...I realized that there's no point in me noticing the huge animal between us, as long as the other one doesn't! This sucks! It's sad...it's disappointing!

Maybe one day...the elephant will explode and then! Then it will all (probably) be too late! That's just life.
I know people...I'm making no sens! Even so, trust me! I DO! :))) So, when facing a problem, just face it! :)

No comments: