Friday, April 29, 2011

Barry McGee...would you paint walls for me?

Here's the thing: I have a few huge, 5m tall, white walls. And I do love how perfect and tall they are...but at the same time, they are screaming for some color! That's how Barry McGee got in the picture!

Now, you can't say I'm a fan of his work, you can't say I'm in love with his work. But you CAN say I'm obsessed with his work!!!! The murals, the paintings, the bottles...the graffiti! Ohhhh! I so want him to paint my walls!!! :)))

I'm sure most of you know who Barry McGee aka. Ray Fong, Lydia Fong, or Twist is! Surely you know him by at least one of his monikers! In just a few words, he is an artist. Painter and graffiti artist, from San Francisco, USA.
His illustrations, characters and color combination are very well known all over the world. My personal favorite creation of his, are the painted portraits of street characters on empty bottles of liquor, painted flattened spray cans picked up at train yards and painted wrecked vehicles for art shows.
I remember a street artist from Berlin once said: every piece of trash can become art. You just have to look at it in a certain way....I guess Barry McGee figured that out way before...

If you want to learn more about this amazing artist, you don't need to read about his life. Learn his story trough his work! I'm sure you'll be crazy about him just like me!

Now...what to do with my walls?...I want something like this...:

No comments: